3.15.2008

21 and counting

This past Friday John and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. It's impossible to believe we've been married that long! But, I must admit, when I think back on our wedding day it seems like several lifetimes ago.

March 14, 1987
Lookin' good, 80's style! (Who are these two......babies?!)


To celebrate, we went to the Salt Lake Temple where we were sealed back in '87, then to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants - Tiburon (where the dining is truly "fine!").

Mmmm, baked Camembert cheese with sliced apples and balsamic vinegar. Divine!


John gave me this beautiful Arnold Friberg print, "Peace Be Still." I have always wanted this one - I love it! We had a really great day together :)
(I am guessing that John wasn't quite ready when Raegan took this picture!)

10 comments:

Kim N said...

Congrats! Very cool, we share an anniversary! We had our 11th last Friday. We had a sick kid so haven't celebrate yet. It looks like you had a great time. I LOVE your new picture.

Maryanne said...

Wow, that's amazing Kim that we have the same wedding day - just 10 years apart! I can remember the day you got married because that was our big 10-year anniversary and we had gone to dinner and I got so sick afterwards! It made for kind of a bad evening :(
Yes, I remember that day very well.

Nicole said...

Ah, this is hilarious! Did you borrow Lynette's wedding dress and headpiece?? I swear it's the EXACT same. I tried her headpiece on for my husband before we got married and made him think I was wearing it. That was funny.

Maryanne said...

Ha ha Nicole, now I want to see Lynette's wedding pictures!! Ya gotta love the eighties!

Lynette said...

I am just dying...it is almost EXACTLY my dress and headpiece! But I bet I can top you... our "best men" wore mauve jackets with white pants. What was I thinking???

Congats on 21 years! You both look like teenagers in the pictures considering you look like you're 25 now! I never realized how much Brooke looks like you until I saw your wedding picture.

Great taste in art, John!

Anonymous said...

Maryanne, I can't believe you've been married for 21 years. That means you got married while I was serving in Germany. That seems so very long ago. Soon your children will be married and I'll still be telling my son to get his hand out of his butt.

Karen said...

That is so cool. We just had our
12th on march first. I remember when you flew over from California to be at my wedding. I will always remember how great that made me feel.
love ya

sayfuzzypickles said...

Great "oldies" picture. Brooke does favor you! I love the picture, Frieberg does and awesome job capturing a wonderful story from the scriptures. That appetizer looks appetizing! Tiburon is so YUMMY!

Kris said...

Oh my goodness...Brooke Sr.! I love that picture. Congrats on 21 years...you can catch up to us in 9 more! What did you give John?

Kelly said...

Ah, how sweet. Happy anniversary! You are so right. You both DID look like babies. Actually, you look just like your daughters, Maryanne. Those 80's wedding styles are very identifiable, big hair, big head pieces. So funny.

It's hard to believe...we all got married around the same time! First it was Kelly and me, then Tom and Julie two and a half months later, then four months later the two of you.

It's wild to think of all that we have learned and experienced during the past 21 years. I think all six of us should go out to dinner when we are in Utah this coming summer. Let's plan on it!