Two days ago I spent the day with my mom on her birthday and I was talking to her about the photo below. She told me the story behind it which just made me laugh!
She said that picture was taken in the basement of her parent's home, on the cold concrete floor. My dad, who was not yet her husband, had her lay her coat down on the floor underneath her with the satin side up - he thought it would make a great background. He took several gorgeous black and white photos of my mom and then hand colored them.
Apparently, when my grandma (my mom's mom) saw the picture below she was so angry! She felt it was way too seductive and inappropriate for a young lady to be posing in such a way.
Oh, I love it!
6 comments:
haha! That is so funny! Isn't it cool when you find out new things about the people you thought you knew everything about!
Sorry to point this out, Mom, but you need another "o" on the "to." "Too" seductive, not "to" seductive. You must have been typing fast or something, because you ARE the 'English major'!
Other than that, great post. I didn't know that story, but I've always loved that picture of Grandma Curly Hair.
Thanks Raegan for being my "human spellchecker!"
I love the picture and the story and love how pictures from that era looked. With your mad photo skills you should try to reproduce a 1940's look like that. It would be so cool. I have one of my mom that is so pretty, I love how they hand tinted the photos back then and everything looks so soft.
What a great story and picture! I have always loved your kids eyes and can see that their grandmother had something to do with their beauty!
What an awesome story! That photo is amazing...hand colored? Pretty cool.
Post a Comment