I never imagined naming a dog would be as hard as naming a child. Man oh man oh man. However, after much family deliberation (discussing, arguing, fighting - whatever you want to call it) we have it narrowed down to two names. The problem is half of us want one and half want the other.
I want to know what YOU think, so please take three seconds and cast your vote (on the right) for your favorite. The two choices are:
1) Scout (from one of the greatest literature reads of all time - To Kill a Mockingbird).
2) Molly (as in the unsinkable Molly Brown OR Molly from the American Girl Dolls, with which my girls used to be completely obsessed).
Here's a photo of our Goldendoodle girl (part Golden Retriever, part poodle):
Sorry, it's tiny and the only photo we have....taken by the breeder. We have yet to meet this 2 1/2 pound fuzzy wad.
So....does she look like a Molly or a Scout? (If you hate both names, please vote for the one you hate the least.)
(Notice I said nothing (too) negative about the dog in this post. I am working on changing my attitude about this irreversible situation. And I'm doing better! After I got in bed last night, I didn't cry! At all! Which is the first time since we made the decision to get a dog that I didn't climb into bed and break into uncontrollable and turbulent sobs. Progress, people. Progress.)

8 comments:
When we got Yaki, Nick wanted to name her Tank, Marci wanted to name her Bunbun, so we finally went for Yaki because it was a food from our overseas travels that we all loved. Poor dog, some people thought her name was Yucky. I am voting for MOLLY all the way!!!! What kind of a name is Scout for a girl? I guess you could call her GirlScout.
Aaaawwwww!
Isn't that brown fuzzy wad so stinking ADORABLE!?
*love*
Molly
You don't give a dog a people name, geesh! Scout is PERFECT for that adorable fluff ball, who I am sure weighs twice the 2 1/2 pounds now. Scout in the book was such a spunky little girl. Molly is good too, because you don't hear that too often anymore, but still, it is a people name, not an animal name...
Molly is the #1 female dog name in England, #2 in Australia, and #3 in America. :) I think there are LOTS of names that can be person OR animal and Molly is definitely one of them!
i love the name scout, love to kill a mockingbird. but then i saw the picture and i think molly fits better.
It's a good job I'm sitting down, I actually had to check I was on the right blog! Nice to see you being won over by the little fluff ball (which is very cute-as far as dogs go!) We have the same discussion in our house...daily! I'm still not budging but one day I may have to cave in:) I can just imagine what future posts may hold! Dog pees down the slide! Molly eats all the furniture! jk! Just think how happy those boys will be:)
You're a better mom than me, Maryanne!
Post a Comment