4.21.2008

the mom who does "nothing"

Driving home from children's choir practice today, Haylie and her friends were talking to each other- they were asking each other questions from those "conversation cards".

Brinley: "And the next question is......If you could give your mom and dad anything in the world, what would you give them?
Let's see (still Brinley)......I would give my mom a craft store that's all purple because she loves crafts and she loves the color purple, and I would give my dad a football field because he loves football!"

Brianna: "I would give my mom and dad The White House - wouldn't that be so cool?!"

Haylie (my kind, sweet, appreciative daughter): I would give my dad the University of Utah football team because he loves them, and I would give my mom........I would give my mom.......hmmm, I would give my mom......I don't know what I'd give my mom because she........doesn't.......really.......do.......anything.

6 comments:

Kris said...

My, my, my...for someone who does "nothing" you sure are one busy little mama!

Julie V. said...

Oh, that is so sad! You need to reward yourself with some chocolates for that comment!

Lauralee said...

Oh, that is so sad!! I remember thinking my mom didn't do anything too...it's sad to realize how much she does/did do.

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness. That is such a crack up. Since you don't do anything...why don't you come out to visit me when the pool is done! Then take a little breat to the spa at the lake, eat some tasty Tex-Mex food, the best barbecue ever, etc. You're always invited!

Lynette said...

If it makes you feel any better, Kendall told me yesterday as I was leaving for Ward Council..."All you ever do is go to Primary meetings!" Funny thing is I have two meetings max every month. And one of them is while she is in school!

Sometimes I wish I did nothing...

Kim N said...

Isn't it funny how our perspectives change? That is so funny.

My daughter was giving me a hard time about hanging up her clothes. I told her I wasn't going to do it for her. She said, "It's not like you do everything for me".

Well, maybe not EVERYTHING...but close!