How can it be?! I now have a child who is beyond her teens. Today Brooke is 20-years-old. Twenty. Do you hear me? TWENTY!!
I reminded her last night that when I was her age I had been married for almost a year and was only 3 months away from being pregnant with her! The reality of those facts, well, let's just say........ *whispers* it freaks her out.
Brooke is an amazing child, er, I mean woman! (Sigh...) She is so full of compassion. She is patient with her siblings (well, not necessarily with Raegan but that's a whole different story). She is a hard worker and as her dad describes her, "Brooke is a machine." She plays the flute and piano like nobody's business. Brooke is not afraid of adventure, and is doing a great job of seeing the world while she can. I also must mention that one of the best things about her is she doesn't even mind when people think that she and I (her mother) are sisters!! It happens ALL the time! *tee hee* You are such a good sport, Brooke :o)
And.......she ran a marathon. Can you get any better than that?! A mar-a-thon, people.
She has certainly picked the right profession to go into - elementary education. She will be the teacher that all the moms want their child to have! She is a natural - patient, loves children, and is pretty dang smart! (Did I get all of my quotation marks and periods and in the right places Brooke?) She just loves to correct me.
She has certainly picked the right profession to go into - elementary education. She will be the teacher that all the moms want their child to have! She is a natural - patient, loves children, and is pretty dang smart! (Did I get all of my quotation marks and periods and in the right places Brooke?) She just loves to correct me.
20-years-old
Birthday dinner of "Bang Bang Chicken and
Shrimp" (divine!) at The Cheesecake Factory.
Shrimp" (divine!) at The Cheesecake Factory.
(And no, we were not confused thinking that Brooke was actually 137-years-old. See, we are birthday-candle unprepared at our house on a regular basis but, being the creative people that we are, we can always come up with something. 13 + 7 = 20. It works, trust me.)
Happy birthday Brooke. We love you to pieces!

7 comments:
she really is a beautiful girl! I had to laugh at the candles! Tue. was Mikaela's birthday and we only had a candle that was a 1 and 7. So she was 17 for about 5 minutes!! Nice to see someone else not candle prepared either!
It sure was nice to spend the evening with you guys and partake of your tasty cake. Brooke's a great person and a fabulous cousin. Brooke: I love you to pieces as well. :D
Brooke is 20!? I know how it feels like! My baby is 20 and it just doesn't seem possible. It seems like only yesterday that they were fighting over who could ride in the Cozy Coupe!
Brooke, happy 20th birthday! I'm so excited for you. You mom and dad have done an awesome job guiding you to be the rock star daughter that you are. I think you're a delight as well, and I'm happy to be relatively related to you. You're a doll.
Maryanne and John, congratulations to you too! Your baby's awesome. Very clever on the cake, John. The candle combo cracked me up...it works!
Ah yes...My mom loves to tell me those uncomfortable details about how many babies she had at my age (2 now). Not something I can even imagine! Happy Birthday Brooke!
Oh I feel so sorry for you. Just wait until the real baby (your youngest) is 22 and then you can start wahhhhhing. By the way Brooke, you are gorgeous! (And you ran a marathon...which makes you even prettier!)
Oh, the evidence!!! That one day, indeed, my little girls will be all grown up. Seeing them turn 6 is hard enough! She IS beautiful...and I'm sure you're proud of what she's done with her 20 years.
Post a Comment