Sometimes the truth hurts.
Well, my "little fantasy world," which is now left behind in the dust, includes the following:
*Palm trees
*85 degree weather
*No snow
*No inversion
*Finding a secluded lagoon on the beach in Corona Del Mar and having the whole thing to ourselves (which, by the way, included an entire army of pelicans).
*Eating my morning Cherrios on the balcony of our Marriott in Newport Beach whilst gazing out at the whales swimming up the Pacific. (Well, I didn't actually see the whales but I'm positive they were there. Somewhere.)
*Hiking up to the Hollywood sign.
*Feasting on the most delectable frozen yogurt at "PinkBerry" in Hollywood.
*Disneyland/California Adventure for 2 days. (Okay, I know, I know, more days would have been even better, but I can only do so much, people!)
*No lines for Space Mountain (walk on, ride, walk off, walk on, ride, walk off....).
*The Tower of Terror. Possibly the best ride EVER invented.
*The Enchanted Tiki Room. Need I say more about this beloved Disney icon?!
*Being on the Indiana Jones ride and having it STOP in the middle of our ride, having all the lights in the building go ON, sitting there in our jeep for 20 minutes while they try to fix the problem, then the ride starting up again but the lights staying ON and NO sound for the rest of the ride. The BOMB!
*Eating out every single night (except one). No prep. No clean-up. Does life really get any better than that?!
*Legoland (but withOUT the rain. Please.)
* Eating the BIG muffins from Costco and not feeling One. Ounce. Of. Guilt.
As I type this, I reluctantly look out my window at the snow, blanketing my lawn, with the current temperature at 21 degrees.
Good-bye fantasy world, hello reality.
9 comments:
Sounds like you had a ball!
And YES! the Tower of Terror is the best ride ever. It is by far my favorite and the only ride that doesnt make me sick. (still qualifying me for a tiny bit of "cool" in my kids eyes... I just cant do the roller coasters anymore.)
Um, excuse me!! Space Mountain is arguably the BEST ride EVER!!!!!
ok, so you are still complaining of snow!! And 21 degrees, count yourself lucky!! It is the usual british drizzly, damp, cold, dark weather...still feel bad!!! Glad you had a FAB time, all good things must come to and end! love Bx
I totally know how you feel! Everytime we leave disney world, the disney cruise, or anything else disney I actually cry. But at the same time, I do the same thing when I'm torn from my family in VA having to come back to this cold tundra! I use to always want to get away to Disney because it's always perfect there, but now I'll settle for Disney and rather be with my family!
Marci and I tried PinkBerry in Greenwich Village and LOVED it. We had pomegranate with pomegranate seeds and it was to die for!
As for your sad weather, we ran at 1 (yes ONE)(Farenheit)degree this morning. At least it wasn't below 0!!!
I second my mother's comment: Space Mountain is the best ride of all creation, hands down. I'm glad you guys took the time to go to PinkBerry; we told you it was worth it! Of course, now this means that you have to live withOUT it, knowing that such blissful goodness exists. Welcome home, Auntie Maryanne.
Since I was deathly sick last year when our family was going to California Disney, I missed out on the Tower of Tera (which is what Will called it and drove Ben CRAZY!)...so yes, my then three year olds have been on it and I haven't at 20-something. Ok, early 30-something?! Whatever! Here's hoping I'm feeling good this year so I can make my own judgment between the two, but for now I'll agree with those above that Space Mountain RULES!!
Oh you sad, sad people who claim Space Mountain is better than "the tower." I will confess, Space Mountain is good. Yes, it's even GREAT. However, Julie and Madison, you didn't even ride the tower when you were there recently, so your comparison, I believe, is a bit biased, and, well, not quite fair to the great tower. You must ride them BOTH, on the SAME DAY, to offer a reasonable and unpredjudiced analysis. Once you have done that, then I will accept your confirmation of the winning ride.
And Heather, my young friend, you are in for a treat!
I think you should move to Austin. The climate is very agreeable. I love it. Your trip to SoCal sounds peachy!
Post a Comment