1.28.2008

Our Beloved Prophet


I think anyone who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will always remember where they were when they heard the news of President Hinckley's passing. It was a day we all knew had to be coming, but for some reason I think that most of us believed that he would live forever. He would always be our prophet. We couldn't imagine the church without him. He just seemed to keep going and going and going.
I have worried in the past that I would be incredibly sad when he died, but instead we as a family have found that we are actually more joyous than sad. We are so happy for him! He is finally with his sweet wife Marjorie whom he has missed terribly. He is free from his old and tired body. He is with his Savior. How could we not feel joy?!
He will be greatly missed as he is a remarkable man. He has done so much everlasting good for the world. He is a true servant of our Heavenly Father.
We thank thee, oh God, for our Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Isn't this the sweetest picture? I actually did a google image search looking for one like this that is similar but he has a hat on. It is in our bishop's office. Is that the one you have at home? It is my favorite. I still can't believe he's gone, but I feel the way you do. Can you just imagine how wonderful it must be for him? How lucky we were to have him for so long. I know that whenever I heard him speak I couldn't help but want to be a better person.

Lynette said...

P.S. It looks like you got your counter to work. Way to go! :)

Julie V. said...

It is hard to believe he is gone. I looked forward to hearing him talk in General conference so much. I will miss that more than anything. Thanks for those thoughts.

Kelly said...

Maryanne, what an incredible story about your comment you left on Julie's blog regarding the bear for Thomas that your Primary gave to all the children. That really was sweet. I loved that he used it at the right time.