2.25.2009

i want to be a cat


Adam: "Mom, Jesus is sooooo nice! He will let us be anything we want to be."

Mom: "What do you mean by that?"

Adam: "He is going to let me be a cat when I'm done being a boy because I want to be a cat really bad!"

Mom: "Why do you want to be a cat?"

Adam: "Because I want to meow and lay around all day and do nothing."

(Hmmm........not much different from his life now - minus the meowing part.)

9 comments:

Karen said...

I want to be a cat too :)

Brett Nordquist said...

That's hilarious. I wonder when he'll know he's done being a boy? One cool thing about being a cat would be the ability to climb trees and look out over the city. Oh, and the sleeping part.

Rebecca said...

aaww! so cute. Do you realise what this picture has caused in our house? Our neighbour has the most adorable kittens for sale and our boys SO badly want one. Every day they ask and every day dad says no! Today Orihah said well that boy far away has one!!! Steve's reply to everything is "well, when I am a dentist!" lol!

Kris said...

That picture is adorable! I wish I was a cat right now...i could use a nap in sun.

Kris said...

I meant "the" sun.

Kelly said...

So funny.

Julie V. said...

You need to rename your blog "life with Adam".

Taryn and the boys said...

That's pretty funny. Christen came for a visit the end of Feb. and commented that these little kids just don't know how good they have it.

Leah Miller said...

Hey, thanks for sneaking in on my blog. I am glad that we have the Alecia/Nicole connection. Also, thanks to you and your blog for providing me with a little entertainment while my kids napped today (I should have been tidying up the house, but owell). I loved the high school multi-year pictures. I got a pretty good laugh about you sewing your daughters dress while her date waited at the door. That brings back some memories of ME when I was in high school. I vow way back then to never make my daughter a dress...unless it looks like one of yours. IT turned out FABULOUS.